Week 3 – Curate – Susanna Aurora Montaner Messori

For this week’s task I decided to make 26 different postcards that I then presented in a ‘photo book’. These regard each individual item, showing their picture at the front and their associated memory at the back. I realised that all of the objects I chose bring back good memories of moments I lived, therefore I thought that postcards would be a good way to express this, as when I buy one and look at it after some time I almost get transported back to that place or event. This concept links to the outcome publication I made for the task in week 1, which was based on ‘lost memories’.

WEEK 3 – CURATE – EXHIBITION: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxyTzaXZ3Bx2iUQ5LlRXkAV6kIoOJmNw/view?usp=sharing

I decided to colour code the different postcards to divide them by category and I also created different stamps for each country the objects come from to categorise them by location too. The postcards are shown in chronological order in the ‘photo album’.

If I would have had access to the necessary materials and printing services I would have liked to print each postcard individually and present them inside of a box, as this would allow people to randomly pick one and read it, engaging even more with the work.

The following link shows some of my sketchbook process pages.

WEEK 3 – CURATE – SKETCHBOOK PROCESS PAGES: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WWuVmFYf-5BwKpC-SLTh1gsAG5jvVtYZ/view?usp=sharing

2 thoughts on “Week 3 – Curate – Susanna Aurora Montaner Messori”

1. Hi 🙂
    I think this is so great, the colours work so well and make the exhibition fluid. I also really like the way the postcards are colour coded I think that it adds another dimension to the exhibition.
    Maybe it could be nice to print them out and send them to people as it would become an exhibition in lots of different homes.
    Have a nice week!
    Jasmine

2. Hi Sussana! I can see a very coherent theme with your overall project so it’s easy to follow. Your research showed a lot of depth in trying different ways to exhibit this and I do think the photo book choice is the best, showing the sentimental side to your objects.

I wonder if for next week, you could bring it in a more physical form? Print them out? Have people interact with them?

Looking forward to your final work!